Weekend Links: 08
This weekend is the first of my summer vacation and I am here for it. My plans for this week include sleeping, relaxing, reading, blogging, experimenting with photography (see: multiple exposure), and attending as many yoga, Pilates, and Zumba classes as possible. You can sense my mood from the links I'm sharing (and Andrew's in contrast).
Here's a list of the links we've loved this week:
- If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't go to prom—unless Andrew was my date. Then I'd wear this soft aqua dress with an interesting neckline, this pretty pink Bardot midi, or this version in pastel stripes. (J)
- Your job could probably be worse. “Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records,” writes Politico. This is a problem when said president is a 71-year-old baby who hates immigrants. (A)
- On the theme of dresses, minis have been catching my eye lately, including this nude one with a square neckline, this sweet floral print, and this button-through linen one in a vibrant red. (J)
- This from Deadspin captures the cool but icky nature of the United States, Mexico, and Canada getting the World Cup in 2026. (A)
- I'm obsessed with Meghan Markle (and Suits) at the moment, and she's killing it with her style choices. I read that she wears the brand Goat, which features classic, British royalty-esque silhouettes. And her wedding foundation looks perfect for summer. (J)
- Because the building is on fire, it’s easy to forget the useless sanctimony of people like Jeff Flake and Ben Sasse. At least the MAGA troglodytes don’t waste your time pretending. (A)
- Remember the famous ark bag I mentioned last week? I found this one for less in a refreshing shape. (J)
- This guy is a great Twitter follow for analysis of international politics on the Korean peninsula. He’s also this guy. (A)
- I fell in love with this blazer/shorts ensemble on Instagram and thought it had to be by an expensive European brand. Turns out, it's by an expensive Korean one. (J)
This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on or purchasing via these links may result in commissions for this site.